FERGIE QUITS! After 27 years and 49 trophies..

Legendary Scot to step down at end of the season
Club announces 71-year-old will take up ambassadorial role
Ferguson statement reads: 'It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape and I believe I have done so'
Search begins to appoint successor as Mourinho talks with Chelsea stall
Manager leaves after winning 13 league titles, two European Cups, five FA Cups and a European Cup-winners' Cup

Sir Alex Ferguson has announced he will retire as Manchester United manager after 27 years at the club, moving upstairs to be a member of the board. It is a day that will redefine the landscape of British football. 
Announcing the news, he said: 'The decision to retire is one that I have thought a great deal about and one that I have not taken lightly. It is the right time.
'It was important to me to leave an organisation in the strongest possible shape and I believe I have done so. The quality of this league winning squad, and the balance of ages within it, bodes well for continued success at the highest level whilst the structure of the youth set-up will ensure that the long-term future of the club remains a bright one.








View More Photos: Here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Bummer" Pokello, Zimbabwean Big Brother Africa Rep., Sex Tape Leaks

Gerrard and Curran go Ibiza, Lewandowski hits the shops with Szczesny and Lukaku rides waves in Spain

Boston Suspect Month Before Attack: I Know How to Build a Bomb